Cool whipe?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
I just started to get into building systems as a hobby and I am green as they come. That said I have a question. I was reading the article in the pc magazine about putting a system together, and they mentioned about the paste to put between cooling fan and the CPU. I did not know there is a past for that! How important is it to put the paste and if I don’t what would the result be?
Thanks for all the help.

well very important indeed my young friend..it dissipates that heat coming off the cpu better so that the copper or aluminum heatsink doesn't have to do all the work by itself.. the results of no thermal paste is the name of the compound by the way..any way the result would not be good you would more than likely notice a very high heat difference when running the system for long periods and time or even a short amount of time depending on what kind a processor you have and how fast the clock speed is on it...you can get and read some users input on thermal paste and one of the more popular compounds that most of your gamers would purchase here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=85&N=2010340085
always remember to put a thin coat and evenly spread the thermal paste on the die of the amd chips and on the surface face of the silver cover on most intel chips..good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back