Cooler Master's nimble Cosmos SE arrives next month under $170

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Cooler Master has launched the latest iteration of one of their most popular product lines to date. Based on user feedback from the original chassis and the Cosmos II, the Cosmos SE shares the same core design that made the enclosure a popular choice among enthusiasts in a decidedly more compact form.

Despite the diet, however, the Cosmos SE still has more than enough room to house even the most component-rich builds. The chassis can support up to eight cooling fans – four of which are included. Two 120mm blue LED fans serve as intakes up front while a 140mm fan in the top and another 120mm in the rear aim to keep operating temperatures under control.

cooler master announces release cosmos cooler master cosmos se

If water cooling is your thing, the Cosmos SE has you covered with support for 120mm, 240mm, 280mm and 360mm radiators. What’s more, 120mm, 280mm and 360mm radiators can be installed all at once.

The Cosmos SE can hold up to eight hard drives or 18 solid state drives via removable HDD/SSD cages, we’re told, while multiple graphics card up to 395mm / 15.5 inches long are also supported. CPU coolers of up to 175mm / 6.9 inches will fit under the side panel as well.

System maintenance should be a breeze as removable dust filters are located in the top, front and bottom of the case. Multiple cable pass-through areas should go a long way in keeping things tidy looking while at the same time improving airflow.

The Cosmos SE will be available early next month - October 9, to be exact - priced at $169.99.

Permalink to story.

Why does this get a side panel but my cosmos 2 does not :(

and all CM say is that a side panel is in the pipeline

I have the cosmos S (2nd iteration). despite the case had plenty of room, I had to personally do some modding to get one 360 radiator and one 120 radiator to fit in the case at the same time. the 3rd gen Cosmos black improved on my biggest grip of cable management space. I am glad to see the latest version refined it even more to accommodate all these options without having users to mod them. if I were to buy a case today for my water rig, this would be it.

Back