TechSpot

Coolermaster Hyper TX

By SoIdidItAgain
Mar 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just read a review saying this was a good budget cooler for a conroe, i got a e6300 and want to give it a mild overclock, say 2.2ghz ish, i noticed its got the same fastening system as the intel cooler, using those horrible clicking pins, does anyone have experience with this cooler?? or any other non-intel cooler that uses the plastic split-pin system?? I really want to know if, despite using the same attachment method, other non-intel coolers are easier to instal than regular intel ones, as mine is never really in properly, just ok enough to keep temps down to 55 celsius. I really don't want to pull the machine apart to put a backplate in, can you tell? :slurp:
  2. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 651

Well

Anything is better than the whimpy stock cooler. Although the retaining clips are not the best solution no matter what way you look at it. They just dont offer a secure hold.

Even OEM manufatures such as Dell and HP use a back plate solution when it comes to the HSF on INTEL LGA sockets and if they are not going with the cheapest route then that says somthing.

Take the time and slap a backplate on it especially if you LAN or move your PC around a lot for any given reason.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.