Cooling advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo7

I live in Spain and enjoy my gaming very much but by lunch time my room is already boiling due to computer heat and my pc is crashing to desktop when playing games.

Now i dont have the best pc but it isnt to bad either but i really need some alternatives to some cooling. If you could just point out some simple cooling techniques or fans that are worth the buy it would be much appreciate.

Im not looking for something really expensive as im still a student but still need something that will do the job.

Any more info needed please ask, thnx.

If your room itself it warm, adding more fans will not do anything. You'll have to cool the room down first, which is why most server rooms/cupboards have airconditioning.

If your case can support more fans, adding more might help. The bigger the fans you can put, the more air you'll be able to move.

Setting the fans to blow in the correct direction will help as well. The fans behind the case are generally for exhaust, in front generally for intakes. Side panels are very subjective, but mostly used as intakes. If you've got a top panel fan, using it as an exhaust is a good idea, as hot air rises, but again, quite subjective.

There are many brands of fans out there, but unless you're particularly picky about something (noise, airflow, price, etc) they're more or less the same. I can of course recommend a good number of quiet, or powerful fans, but generally, the more Watts, it requires (usually they'll show Amperage), the more air it should be able to move. Bigger fans are always better than smaller ones even if they move the same amount of air, but only if you can install it on your computer.

Also, crashing to desktop is NOT a sign of a computer overheating.

thnx for the reply.

My pc is not custom made its pre build so room for fans im not sure about i guess i would have to mod it so fans can be put in?

On the fact of crashing to desktop could you also help me out?

In order to help you, your system specs would be needed. What type of manufactured pc do you own (Dell, Gateway, off brand) and the system model would help. That way we at this forum could look up the specs and give you a little help.

pentium D 3.00ghz, 2.99ghhz
Ram = 1gig
GPU = Nvidia 7300 GS 512mb

Cooling wise all i can see is a grill up the top where the power supply goes where air is coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back