TechSpot

Cooling analysis

By dank7737
Aug 2, 2002
  1. MY motherboard, asus p4s533, came with software called asus probe. it gives a realtime analysis of computers performance. MY cpu temp is 40*C and my motherboard is 42*C. Are these tempertaures ok? also what is the safe temperature ranges for each. I am looking at the various fan speeds for my computer also. I have two case fans. next to each it gives the current Rpms. one of the fans blinks chassis fan below threshold". what does this mean? it shouldnt be a power issue because i have a 400 watt power supply. thanks for your time guys.
    ~Dan

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

People have had a bad habbit of not saying what their processor is lately. :eek:

Ideal temperatures and safety limits are relative to what processor you have.

Generally speaking, for a modern system, 40*C is good temperature... Especially for Athlons and P4s

3. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

An important point, Lord Rickus.

Indeed, a further annoyance is people not saying what OS they are using in more software related questions. Do you think I am psychic?>?

Tell us more and we can help you more.

5. dank7737

dank7737 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 40

i have a p4 2ghz processor and im running windows xp

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.