TechSpot

Cooling analysis

By dank7737
Aug 2, 2002
  1. MY motherboard, asus p4s533, came with software called asus probe. it gives a realtime analysis of computers performance. MY cpu temp is 40*C and my motherboard is 42*C. Are these tempertaures ok? also what is the safe temperature ranges for each. I am looking at the various fan speeds for my computer also. I have two case fans. next to each it gives the current Rpms. one of the fans blinks chassis fan below threshold". what does this mean? it shouldnt be a power issue because i have a 400 watt power supply. thanks for your time guys.
    ~Dan

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

People have had a bad habbit of not saying what their processor is lately. :eek:

Ideal temperatures and safety limits are relative to what processor you have.

Generally speaking, for a modern system, 40*C is good temperature... Especially for Athlons and P4s

3. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +6

An important point, Lord Rickus.

Indeed, a further annoyance is people not saying what OS they are using in more software related questions. Do you think I am psychic?>?

Tell us more and we can help you more.

5. dank7737

dank7737 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have a p4 2ghz processor and im running windows xp

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.