Cooling analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

MY motherboard, asus p4s533, came with software called asus probe. it gives a realtime analysis of computers performance. MY cpu temp is 40*C and my motherboard is 42*C. Are these tempertaures ok? also what is the safe temperature ranges for each. I am looking at the various fan speeds for my computer also. I have two case fans. next to each it gives the current Rpms. one of the fans blinks chassis fan below threshold". what does this mean? it shouldnt be a power issue because i have a 400 watt power supply. thanks for your time guys.
~Dan

People have had a bad habbit of not saying what their processor is lately. :eek:

Ideal temperatures and safety limits are relative to what processor you have.

Generally speaking, for a modern system, 40*C is good temperature... Especially for Athlons and P4s

Originally posted by dank7737
also. I have two case fans. next to each it gives the current Rpms. one of the fans blinks chassis fan below threshold". what does this mean?
The monitoring softwares low fan speed limit is probably set too high, especially if the chassis fan is old/low speed/quiet variety, and so it is just warning you that it is going too slow.

Originally posted by Rick
People have had a bad habbit of not saying what their processor is lately. :eek:

Ideal temperatures and safety limits are relative to what processor you have.

An important point, Lord Rickus.

Indeed, a further annoyance is people not saying what OS they are using in more software related questions. Do you think I am psychic?>?

Tell us more and we can help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back