Cooling Chassis Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans are pretty much the same, they just come in different sizes such as 40mm and 80mm. You can get a replacement at any computer or electronics store for as little as $5.

puteruser2005 said:
Hello all,

I need help. My com puter's cooling chassis fan has died and I need to find a replacement. I cannot get the same fan again because it is out of production, and used or refurbished is not a possibility since I only want a brand new one.

Specs from fan label:
JMC/DaTech
Model 0925-12LMB
DC 12V 0.15A
Brushless DC fan

So, I need an equivalent fan. The problem is I'm not sure which specs have to be the same and which specs don't matter. Ex. brand, model, size, pin wire connection, voltage, current (amp), noise, cooling capacity, speed, input power (watt), air flow (cfm), air pressure, bearing, brushless, etc.

One JMC fan distributor suggested the following as replacements:

JMC 9225-12LBA (40cfm)

JMC 9025-12LBQA Panther fan (40cfm, DC12V, 0.13A, 90x25)

But, I don't know if the cfm and size matches the original fan. Also, the amp is different from the original, and I don't know if the recommended fans are brushless. Basically, I have no idea if they were right in saying those are possible replacements.​

I don't know what I should be looking for. Experts, please help me out. :wave: Thank you.
If you are not interetsed in performance and just want basic cooling use any 12volt 80mm fan which is a standard tower fan,If you are interested in a quite fan go with a pabst/evercool or vantec,look for noise level of 20-23 this should be silent,air flow can be 26-30 cfm,Most quite fans run at 2000 to 2200rpm and this is plenty for cooling,look for a double ball bearing fan these are the best If your not worried about noise or how long it will last go with any generic fan.

As long as you get a 90mm fan, 12v, any brand will do. The quieter the fan, the more money you pay, but even a good one is no more than $10.- Look at the connector -plug of the old fan, get the same on the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back