Cooling down the fins on an AC Freezer 64 Pro more than the stock fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Hmm... So I touched the fins on my AC Freezer 64 Pro on my OCed X2 3800+ while running Orthos. 52C... Fins were pretty hot.

This is good because I know the heat is getting efficiently transferred from the core to the fins.

BUT - what if I were to somehow super-cool those fins? Obviously the temp will go much lower than 52C if the fins were cold. The thing is though, HOW can I cool them better?

Here's what I have right now: 120MM PSU fan extracted and modded, put in the front of the case - this fan is as load as a jet engine, but blows air LIKE CRAZY! It's right in front of my Freezer 64 Pro fan. Then it's the Freezer 64 Pro fan, sucking in the air that the PSU fan (remember, it's not in a PSU anymore, it's in the front of the case) is blowing to it. After that it's a back 120MM fan that is silent and barely blows anything... =(

Now I'm thinking.... HOW can I cool those fins better....? I don't really care if it looks good or not, if it's hard to do or not - I just wanna COOL THOSE FINS!

;) Thanks in advance.

Now, if you really wanted to go extreme, get your EPA license and build a refrigerant (R-134a or R-22) cooling system and run refrigerant pipes through these fins.

or just build or buy a liquid cooling system and run the pipes through the fins. it seems kind of weird, but it would probably work, as you'd have like greatly increased cooling power.

One word... two actually.

Vantec Tornado.

The 92mm Vantec Tornado moves over 100CFM. Careful though, you don't want to chop your fingers off :stickout:

Wow, that sounds cool! But if you just need a quick solution to your heat problem and you don't care about the fact that you might not be able to hear your speakers on full blast, a Vantec Tornado is the best you can get for the money.

MetalX said:
Wow, that sounds cool! But if you just need a quick solution to your heat problem and you don't care about the fact that you might not be able to hear your speakers on full blast, a Vantec Tornado is the best you can get for the money.
Sound's no problem for me.

I plan on not one though; a few of those. 1 for exhaust, 1 for the freezer, and 1 of the 80mm version for intake. Basically the one for exhaust will replace the crappy stock 120MM, and the 80mm will replace the other crappy intake fan (the PSU fan will be left in the drive bays).

Ok... My friend tried to go that way with like 5 Tornado's and... well we could hear his computer from the living room (20 feet away) with his door closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back