Cooling issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo.ati

Hello, i have had my computer for a while now it usually idles around 44C just today when i checked agian it was 50C idle. Any ideas on cheap ways of creating a cooler case without upgrading Heatsinks: BTW i already have 5fans and my case is really messy/dusty.

Please help me!

thanks,

Sounds like the first thing you need to do is buy a can of compressed air and blow of some dust from your motherboard...

If you have 5 fans, you probably have enough cooling. If after you blow the dust out of there, you are still having cooling problems then post back here and give us some info on your fan direction.

I.e., fans on the front are blowing in, all others blowing out? What kind of fans are you using - recommend Zalman fans. Powerful and quiet.

Hey ive got school and lots of study so i wont be able to get the dust out just yet but i can give you my fan info

i have 5 fans they are all 90mm 1800rpm - 3100rpm.
all my fans have speed controllers.

1 fan at the front blowing in
2 fans on the door situated infront of the cpu and pci slots pci slots blowing in
1 fan at the back blowing out
1 fan at the top blowing out

the fans blowing in have filters and the ones blowing out dont.

if this helps my case is a thermaltake damier v5000c link here:case

Howdy

Nice case.
DonNagual is right about the dust, check the filters too.
Your temps are not bad for Amd Or intel CPU's.
If you start getting higher than 65c I'd recommend
getting the dust out no matter what,
it acts like insulation and holds the heat in.
You'll want to look at the fan blades too,
thet get coated with dust as well. If you hear one
of the fans make a wierd buzzing then one blade is coated
heavier than others and off balance..
In the end if needed take the side panel off.

G'Luck

Thanks, i managed to clean the dust filters of two of my fans the temp went down by 4degrees. i didnt realise dust did that :blush: so i will be purchasing a can of air soon enough.

cheers , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back