TechSpot

Cooling on limitations

By SturmteK
Jul 22, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Friends.
    The downstairs computer (familiy PC) is the one I am currently trying to cool a bit. While this PC is on 22 hrs a day, and with the temperatures getting warmer outside, the temperature of the CPU is 60C - 65C standard. This is a Emachine PC (yeah I know, but this is really my dads PC, my is a custom frankenstein) and I called them to find out if there is any extra spots to put new case fans, or any extra fans for that matter. They told me dissapointing news, that there isint any more pin connectors to plug the fans into. So I am stuck with a crappy Cooler Master fan/heatsink combo that raises my cpu temperature to 60C in a matter of 30 min.
    What can I do to reduce this speed in my situtation.
    Thanks.:confused:

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

You can run extra fans off the power-supply. Look for types that have the molex-connector-plug, either the small one like for floppies or the big ones like for HD or CD. Buy a splitter-cable (Y-cable) if you have no more free leads coming from the PSU.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.