Copper foam cools this crazy Silent Power PC

By Scorpus
Jul 31, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Standard copper heatpipes and heatsinks can be pretty boring and unoriginal, so the team behind the new Silent Power PC have resorted to copper foam to cool their system.

Read more
  2. Oh, I would need Reggae colors on my case. The Bob Marley. Or is copper to gingery ? Should it be scottish colors ? Would people want an expanding afro case ?
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Id be interested in seeing comparisons of the efficiency of this method vs case fans.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. Mandark57

Mandark57 TS Rookie Posts: 19

I think my next home PC is going to be one of these Silent Power PCs
  6. It looks like a wonderful dust bunny catcher... Cleaning's going to be a B#$%H!
    Wendig0 likes this.
  7. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 668   +72

Ya, I'd much rather this be inside the case.
  8. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

It looks like a very feasable idea and makes sense from the technical standpoint, let's just see how much heat can it dissipate per unit of area.
  9. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 183   +81

When this thing heats up, cats all over the world, rejoice ! You've lost the nice, thick, warm CRT backside, but don't despair, there's something better in store for you !
  10. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

Great concept... Looks too much like something I use to scrub pots and pans with, though :)
  11. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Maniac Posts: 933   +240

IMHO, it is not that hard to build a silent PC these days, so I, personally, am not interested in this.