Core 2 Duo and Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredmachine

I've heard from various places that Intel Core 2 Duo's are not the choice for gaming because most games cannot support using both cores. Is a P4 or AMD 2 core better for gaming?

ps..i apologize if this has been brought up before..couldnt find it in the search

Agreed

I agree with twite. The core 2 duo is that fastest line of CPU's out there at the moment.

What you may have heard is that most games are single threaded (with the exception to a limited few) meaning they only use one core of the CPU for the game, making dual core not worth while. But rest assured in the near future multi-threaded games will be alive and well. So if your planning on upgrading then Dual core is the right choice.

But yeah the core 2 duo line smokes any previous CPU line from Intel and is faster than AMD's offerings by a decent margin.

I agree also, i have a new core 2 duo system with the same stats as my amd athlon and the core 2 duo absoluetly smokes it hands down in all aspects.

Core 2 Duo = Awesome gaming

I agree with the other two im afraid the new intel chipsets are amazing with the newer games. They will out perform those CPU's you have listed. AMD were top dog for gaming but intel has successfully countered that. As best choice for future and present take the core 2. I personally think you will regret it if you don't.

B.S. Intel Core Duos are great for gaming. In the past AMD had the edge with single threaded games, but Core Duo is still great.

Core 2 Duo works great for games. Its design architecture isn't the type you want for games, but with that much raw power output it doesn't really matter if its the type of architecture you want.

Personally, I'm waiting for AMD's quad cores, the KL8 line I think its called, until then i'm using an Athlon 64.

AMD still has the better gaming architecture, but the C2D is a force to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back