Core 2 Duo Specs

By Robgamer
Jan 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

It still runs at 2.13GHz, per core. Essentially, each core is a separate CPU, so they're probably saying you got two processors each running at that speed.
  2. Robgamer

Robgamer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 65

Ok thanks for the help.
  3. KingCody

KingCody TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

hi Robgamer,

No it doesn't. it means it as two 2.13GHz processing cores. they operate independently and cannot act as a single high speed processor.

BTW, don't let that clock speed fool you. the core-2-duo outperforms any other processor currently available (including CPUs operating at much higher clock speeds)

cheers :wave:

EDIT: I guess I typed too slow, kittycat beat me to it ;)
  4. Robgamer

Robgamer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 65

So if I found a game and wanted to install it but the minimum requirements was a 3.0 GHz processor, then I couldnt be able to install it right?
  5. F1N3ST

F1N3ST Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,088

ibuypower sucks, build it yourself its easy. YES IT WILL WORK READ, IT BEATS THEM WITH HIGHER CLOCK SPEED ARGH ITS NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

Just pull the trigger please.
  6. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You can calculate 21% to 27% faster speed with dual core.
    And I second F1N3ST. Avoid ibuypower, and do your own. It is difficult and a bit scary, but do a lot of reading. This is not rocket science.
  7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

I'd have to agree; build it yourself. You can get help from here if you run into trouble :)

But hey, it is up to you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.