TechSpot

Core 2 Duo vs. Pentium D

By mofo91105
Nov 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello All,

I am attempting to enter the realm of dual core processing, but I am at a loss with all of the new dual core processors. What is the giant difference between the Core 2 Duo and the Pentium D? I am only looking to be able to encode video and burn smoother DVDs and mulitask with itunes. Therefore, I ask, should I get the core 2 duo, or save my money and get the pentium D. I know that the core 2 duo is probably better, but is it worth it to me (considering what my intended use is) to spend the extra money on everything? I would rather save the money and buy other accessories such as a new hard drive (SATA rather than ATA 133) a new DVD burner, and a new video card. Let me know what you think and maybe shoot me an example rig that you would put together if you had a tight budget (use your imaginations).

Thanks, you guys are always a big help
  2. RUDEBWOY

RUDEBWOY TS Rookie Posts: 394

core 2 is way faster than d processor my mom just got a new dell with d and its slow to me...as for me i built my pc with core 2 last week re did it with a new mobo 3 gig ram 7600 gs pci express 256 mb core 2 2.13 ghz over clocked to 2.14 already had the other parts that costed me 1100
  3. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 883

Check out HERE for a good comparison.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.