Core 2 Duo vs. Pentium D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am attempting to enter the realm of dual core processing, but I am at a loss with all of the new dual core processors. What is the giant difference between the Core 2 Duo and the Pentium D? I am only looking to be able to encode video and burn smoother DVDs and mulitask with itunes. Therefore, I ask, should I get the core 2 duo, or save my money and get the pentium D. I know that the core 2 duo is probably better, but is it worth it to me (considering what my intended use is) to spend the extra money on everything? I would rather save the money and buy other accessories such as a new hard drive (SATA rather than ATA 133) a new DVD burner, and a new video card. Let me know what you think and maybe shoot me an example rig that you would put together if you had a tight budget (use your imaginations).

Thanks, you guys are always a big help

core 2 is way faster than d processor my mom just got a new dell with d and its slow to me...as for me i built my pc with core 2 last week re did it with a new mobo 3 gig ram 7600 gs pci express 256 mb core 2 2.13 ghz over clocked to 2.14 already had the other parts that costed me 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back