@CoreException C0000005

Status
Not open for further replies.

imouto

AVG detects virus but can't heal, delete, or send to vault

Hi folks. New member here. I haven't the foggiest clue what's happened with my computer these past two days but I haven't been able to fix it yet so I'm hoping you guys can help.

I've been getting a Virus Detected message popping up randomly from AVG Resident Shield. The message says this:

While opening file: ?
@CoreException C0000005, 00065F8A

And when I try to Heal, Delete, or Send to Vault, I get this message:

Requested action is not available for this object.
An error 0x800700b occured.

I've run Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG Antivirus (set it to scan all files), ewido security suite, and a-squared and none of these programs have found any problems. I also ran these scans in Safe Mode and still nothing. Any solutions?

I've also been having some BSOD issues these past couple of days but I'd thought start with one problem first.

Last know good configuration

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling your last know good configuration setting, AVG will pick up a virus if it is in that folder, but it won't scan that folder on a normal hdd scan, and if a virus is in there it cannot access it. So by switching it off then on again windows will delete all the old files and re-create new ones.

Haven't tried that. How do I do that?

I should also ask, since I have been getting BSOD around the same time, does it make any sense to start my computer from the Last Known Good configuration?

System restore

You could try last known good configuration, but if there is a virus in there, once your pc has booted up run a virus scan and clean any viruses.

To disable last know good configuration, go to system properties (Windows button + Pause, or right click on my computer and select properties), the top left hand tab is system restore, tick the box "turn off system restore" click apply, then untick it and click apply and ok.

Hello;

I guess one option would be to write to Grisoft and paste the error

your getting to your letter.

SOMETIMES antivirus can give FALSE POSITIVES. :dead:

If you check out Symantec or Panda websites, these companies offer

a scan for THEIR antivirus 'signatures'.

You have run familiar scans (after updating!), i hope...

If you do a google for jv16, this tool scans your registry, and fixes or

deletes FOR FREE... alot of other programs scan and then charge for a

fix. JV16 is a GOOD tool. I have never had a problem, although it does not

fix everything.

If you have a boxed Windows OS CD, (NOT a restore image) , you might

boot from that and see if it will check the integrity of system files.

AND BSOD..

BSOD would be most likely a driver issue... have you added any NEW

hardware to your system? Check the Device Manager for the yellow

exclamation points.

The BSOD would be my MAIN concern right now... that could be the root

of the issue.

Also, check out Kim Komando, at www.komando.com . She has a link to

alot of topics. She likes to help... :angel:

Yeah, from the info I've read about my particular BSOD error message, it supposedly is usually a driver issue but I haven't installed any new hardware recently. The only things that have been updated has been my antivirus, anti-trojan, and spyware/adware detection programs. Oh, and PeerGuardian. Updating these programs have never given me issues before.

I think I'll try a couple of those online virus scans you mentioned first. Then try starting up with Last Known Good Configuration and running another virus scan. I'll check out that JV16 tool too.

aarrggh... I STILL have not been able to resolve these problems. I tried starting my computer using Last Known Good Configuration and ran a virus scan and AVG still didn't detect the virus and yet I still got that pop-up message from AVG Resident Shield with this message:
While opening file: ?
@CoreException C0000005, 00065F8A

I also tried multiple online virus scanners (Panda, TrendMicro, Bitdefender) and only one of them detected anything. Bitdefender deleted a file it suspected was some sort of trojan. But I still get that AVG Resident Shield popup message. I also still get the BSOD when I go online.

I've attached the last three minidumps that have been made. Really hope someone can figure out a solution for this.

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

The culprit is ATI display card driver. Upgrade ATI display card may resolve the problem.

yeah, that's what I had thought as well when I used Windows' debugging tools to look at those dumps. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of my video card's driver and was still getting the BSOD and the AVG Resident Shield Virus Detected message. I ended up trying something else that I read about on another tech forum. Seems to have fixed the issue though it gives me some problems with playing regular audio CDs on Winamp but that's a minor quibble I'll just put up with for now. The solution I read about went like this:

1. Set your Windows Driver Verifier software to always verify wdmaud.sys at startup

- on XP, at Start-Run, execute c:\windows\system32\verifier.exe
- select, Create custom settings
- pick Select Individual settings
- check all boxes in settings, EXCEPT Deadlock Protection
- Select driver names from a list
- check wdmaud.sys; if not listed, find it using the Add to List button, then add and check; Finish

reboot and check out audio system; (if start failure occurs, restart to Safe Mode Windows, re-open Verifier, and turn off by Deleting existing settings, and reboot)

I don't know why this worked but I haven't gotten any BSODs since. Also haven't gotten that annoying pop-up message from AVG Resident Shield saying Virus Detected. Should I assume that it was merely a false positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back