Corrupt and unreadable Harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can anyone help? Three days ago, I turned on my computer. I tried to access my e: harddrive (my secondary slave). It says that this drive was not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Does this mean that I lost all my data on that drive. What can I do????? What are my options??? PLease, Please help. I have alot of important info on there and like a dummy, I didn't back-up any info from it. Thanks.

What happens when you try to detect the hard drive in the BIOS - is it detected?

Open the machine - remove the power and data cables from the device, and put them back in again - now what?

Run the machine with the cover off - is the hard drive making any bad clicking, grinding sounds?

Can you try removing the drive, and running it in another machine? Is it detected there??

Re: Corrupt Harddrive

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all that...The Bios says it's there. When I'm in windows its there. I've even tried changing all the plugs, connections and taking the harddrive to a different computer....it says the same thing. THen I read on one of the posts somebody suggested using runtimes getbackdata for NTSF. I used it and was able to retrieve about 98% of my info. Thanks to whoever recommended that program......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back