Corrupt due to what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiscountryboy

hey guys i just built my new rig....asus a8n-sli deluxe, with a 3800+ x2 proc and a geforce 7600GT it runs beautifully, but i am having 1 issue, i cannot open many, and i mean all but a couple files that i download, everything (patches, installs, and such) says (during the install/patching process) that the files is corrupt and windows cannot continue the operation.... i never had this problem before with my old rig and i am using the same ram, hdd, psu, and optical drives....i also have installed all the drivers that were needed

Thanks

Corrupted downloads can be caused by -

1.Unstable or very slow connection ie. dial up,line noise etc

2.Spyware interfering with connection.

The usual solutions include -

Deleting the corrupted file,then re-downloading from a different source.

Improving the connection by upgrading and/or removing spyware.

ok i am spyware free....i just formatted with my new setup....i am using the same cat 5 line with a 100mb/s router, i however have gigabyte lan onboard that is running at the 100mbs from the router. ive never had this problem before with downloading anything and ive tried redownloading the file form a different site, still corrupt

It sounds like your router is going South.

Packets are dropping somewhere.

If you could borrow a modem or another router,that would help narrow it down.

You could try the Tweak test or download Dan Elwell`s speed test they will give you an idea of how much is getting lost.

Not that they will cure the problem though.

ok i did both of those...and the tests came back as 100 efficency, also i have 2 other computers both runnin xp that can download everything with no errors it is only on my new setup...i tried a differnt router port, resetting the router and then redownloading the files again, still nothing works....just a thought i have 2 lan ports...both 100/1000mb/s would switching the lan port have anything to do with it?

Possible Driver problem

If you go into your device manager and remove the NIC and reinstall the most recent driver that might fix your problem. Conversely you might be able to go into your NIC's settings and see if there are any odd settings. Specifically, make sure flow control is set to Auto.

Hope this works,

C0d3Warr10r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back