Corrupt Screen with afrer boot screen WIN2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a problem with a machine at work. When i switch it on it goes through the boot screen fine and as soon as it leaves the boot screen and goes onto the log in screen the whole screen becomes corrupt(Broken graphics, missing gaps unreadable). I have tried the graphics card, memory and the psu but the problems is still there. Booting in safe mode is fine, just as soon as it hits super vga mode is does not want to play.

Any ideas?

What do you mean when you say you`ve tried the graphics card?

From safe mode, uninstall your graphics card drivers, and reboot the system.

If the system then reboots ok, all be it in vga mode, reinstall the graphics card drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Cheers for the reply howard, i tried what you said but the problem stayed the same. When i said i tried the graphics card i changed it with a known servicable graphics card.

I also tried to reset the cmos via the motherboard link, now when i switch the pc on all i get is a constent beep beep beep beep. Sounds like a fire engine lol.

Its an elonex machine, i have tried to search the home site of elonex but no joy.

Any ideas?

Oh dear.

Open your case, and check that everything is seated correctly. The repeated beeping you hear may be a sign that your ram isn`t properly inserted into the dim slot.

It seems to me that you have a major hardware problem of some kind.

Check your mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back