Corrupted drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSky

Hey, please help me, I'm reaaallly desperate with my current PC build, because when trying to install drivers or any other soft I get this stuff in attached errors.jpg, and I attached minidump, maybe it will help. I nearly smashed my new pc to peaces, I have reinstalled, it like over 30times when I bought new motherboard and CPu with DDR2...
my current build is:
DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5200+
Asus M2N-E SLI
nVIDIA nForce 500 SLI, AMD Hammer
2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS (256 MB)
SAMSUNG HD501LJ (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
if u can, please tell me what drivers or what I'm doing wrong that causes these system crashes. all I know that sometimes it crashes when outpost firewall asks me if I wanna give application rights to access PhysicalMemory, and if I allow it, boom, BSoD, and some times I get page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.
Please help me :/

Attachments

• errors.JPG
    errors.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Mini110407-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 9
eSky said:
is this forum dead or what ? :/

First, you must realize that the people who come to help are all volunteers on their own time who have to work and have many other obligations.

Your error code is 0x8E and spicifically points to ntkrpamp.exe which is part of the Windows OS. Very often when this shows up it points to corrupted memory (though it could indicate something else). I suggest running MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes (I prefer 10) to see if your RAM is faulty.

If you have errors then I suggest running MemTest again on each individual stick for, again, a minimum of 7 passes each to determine if only one or both sticks (however many you have) are corrupted.

MemTest is not perfect but it is highly reliable.

how long does those 7passes runs? and when burning MemTest and rebooting, there are passes scan option? and yes i do understand your first statement :) i'm a man too u know :)

You can stop MemTest any time you want. The beauty of MemTest is that it will run all by itself once you have inserted either the CD or the floppy that contains it.

This takes a long time. My recommendation is that you start it an hour before you go to bed, sleep, and when you wake up check how many passes it has completed.

If you find errors and you have more than one stick of RAM then you need to run MemTest on each one individually with a Minimum of 7 passes unless you start getting errors sooner and then you know it is bad RAM. However, it is imperative you test each stick.

ok :) i had a virus and a worm, after full hard scan and reinstalled OS problems are gone :)

eSky said:
ok :) i had a virus and a worm, after full hard scan and reinstalled OS problems are gone :)

Excellent. Thanks for telling us it has been resolved. By the way, out of curiosity, what anti-virus are you running? What other security measures are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back