Corsair launches double-wide Carbide Series Air 540 chassis

Shawn Knight

Staff member

If Computex is anything like CES, you can spend hours sifting through a myriad of run-of-the-mill beige boxes (figuratively speaking, of course) before you stumble upon something innovative or just plain different. To that end, descriptive words like these are perfect to describe the latest case from Corsair, the Carbide Series Air 540.

Measuring in at 16.5” x 17” x 18”, the Air 540 features dual internal chambers. The one on the left holds the motherboard (up to Extended ATX) as well as the 3.5” hard drive bays which sit in the floor of the chassis. The other chamber plays host to the power supply, two 5.25” drive bays and four 2.5” solid state drive bays.

corsair

The idea behind the two-chamber system, according to Corsair, is that it allows for tidier cable management. That’s important if you want optimal cooling, air flow and nice overall aesthetics.

Speaking of, the case can support up to six 120mm cooling fans or five 140mm fans if you prefer larger, slower-spinning units. Alternately, users can elect to go the water cooling route with the Air 540. The case supports a 280mm radiator in the roof and a 360mm radiator up front although you’d need some serious hardware to warrant such extreme cooling.

corsair

Corsair tells us the case will retail for just $139.99 which seems rather cheap compared to some of their other premium full-tower cases still on the market. It is available as of writing from Corsair’s network of authorized distributors and resellers with a two year warranty in tow.

Permalink to story.

Been waiting for a case like this to build my new computer with

I should have waited a couple more months to build my current computer. I would definitely have bought one of these. Will have to remember for the next build I do.

Love the uniqueness of the case, although looking at the dimensions it seems it will have a huge footprint.

Back