Corsair partners with MSI for liquid-cooled GeForce GTX 980 Ti

Scorpus

Staff member

Corsair has entered the graphics card market today with a GeForce GTX 980 Ti produced in partnership with MSI, and cooled via one of the company's signature hybrid closed-loop liquid cooling solutions.

The 980 Ti in question is being sold by both MSI and Corsair under different names: the MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Sea Hawk, and the Corsair Hydro GFX. Both products are identical, but for Corsair it's the first time we're seeing a graphics card hit the market featuring their branding.

The main draw card to this GTX 980 Ti is the cooling solution. Corsair are providing a modified H55 closed-loop liquid cooler with a slim 120mm radiator to cool the GPU, while a familiar blower-style fan and heatsink arrangement cool the memory and power delivery systems.

This isn't the first time we've seen a closed-loop cooler used for a GPU - AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X and R9 295X2 come to mind - but this is a nice solution for a high-end Nvidia card. The extra thermal headroom provided by the cooler allows the card to come factory overclocked, with base clocks of 1190 MHz, boost clocks of 1291 MHz, and stock-clocked GDDR5 memory.

The beefy cooling solution, which will be great for additional overclocking, comes at a price, as both MSI and Corsair are asking for $739.99 for this particular GTX 980 Ti.

Permalink to story.

Nice card, now Corsair enthusiast have one more piece of Corsair hardware they can stick in their rigs. The only thing corsair doesn't "make" now are mother boards and CPUs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take on mobos in the not too distant future. I bought my first corsair product, a PSU back when the TX750 launched 8 years ago, still works to this day in a 24/7 system without any voltage drop, quality product right there.

Nice card, now Corsair enthusiast have one more piece of Corsair hardware they can stick in their rigs. The only thing corsair doesn't "make" now are mother boards and CPUs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take on mobos in the not too distant future. I bought my first corsair product, a PSU back when the TX750 launched 8 years ago, still works to this day in a 24/7 system without any voltage drop, quality product right there.

You mean, stick it in your rig and smoke it? :)

Back