TechSpot

Corsair unveils Accelerator hybrid cache SSDs, starting at $69

By Matthew
Mar 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Still can't justify an SSD? Corsair hopes to coax the cash out of your coin purse with its new Accelerator line, which aims to shatter your HDD speeds but not…

Read the whole story

2. Gimmick me thinks.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,206   +424

If it behaves just like the Synapse I'll be all over this. I'd be willing to pay $30-50 just for the Dataplex software if it had no limitations and I could pair it with any SSD I desired. If you need a bit of info about how much difference these things can make take a look here - http://www.guru3d.com/article/ocz-synapse-cache-ssd-review/7 - it can be pretty drastic for tasks you perform repeatedly like playing the same game or accessing the same applications.

4. if they're anything like OCZ's drives I'd stay far far away. OCZ's drives have the highest RMA rate of any drive in history. When they work they're the best you can get. Problem is only about 1 out of every 20 sold, works.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +683

Then I must be lucky as i've bought 4 new Vertex 3's and all work fine still.

6. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,900   +528

Right now OCZ's Vertex 3 series are really good. Older series did have some problems but they fixed it with firmaware updates and more mature products

7. Does anyone know if this will work on a HDD that is the non-OS drive? I have my OS on a SSD and many large size games on a RAID