Corsair Value Select Vs XMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Necrosjef

I just bought a new computer, i use 4x512MB sticks of corsair value select memory, i don't know much about computers so i will proberly never attempt to overclock my system.

Is it worth it to buy XMS memory or stick with what i got?

Thx in advance

Necrosjef.

If you're going for best performance & can afford to pay some extra $$$ just to get the 2/3% performance increase that low memory latencies bring, then you can go for the XMS series. Otherwise the value select ones will suffice perfectly.

I run 2 x 512MB PC3200 Corsair Value Select RAM sticks in my system. I've had them for about 2 years now. They work good in dual channel mode as well. I've always had them modestly overclocked (right now they are at 225MHz, but will go higher). I have never had any issues such as crashes or BSODs with this RAM so overall I have been very satisfied with them.

I would like to have XMS, but at the time I didn't want to spend the extra money for it. Bottom line is... the XMS series is better, but for the average user, the VS series is fine.

Just thought you may like to hear from somebody who actually uses it. Hope this helps :)

I too overclocked them slightly, and found them running stably up to even DDR 466 from 400. I have 4 X512 MB value Select running in dual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back