Could be a video card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazazoom

Hey all,
my computer restarted about 5 min ago...while playing Warcraft frozen throne...i don't think my video card is overheating...
what can i do to find out what went wrong? like maybe my power supply isn't feeding enough power to my video card? i have an anitec truep2 550W..as i think that is sufficient psu..i have one power connector that is powering an 80mm fan..attached to a vantec pci vga cooler redirected from the cd-rom? maybe i'm not distrubing my power evenly amongst the power connectors (4 pin ones) or could it be a ram problem? someone help! i wanna know what happened or why it restarted.. my card is at stock speeds 500/500
AIW x800 xt
p4s533-e
250HD
1GIg Ocz Premier RAM ddr cl2-5-5-7 i think? might be wrong
i want to pin point the possible problems so i can trouble shoot and change w/e is causing the problem! thanks :)

could a computer restart from ram failure issues? faulty ram perhaps?

if it was a ram or hdd problem you should get a bsod...
it could be that something is overheating...i would first suspect the cpu...even if it has been fine look at it and see if there is a bunch of dust on the cooling fins

Hi zazazoom,

Google & download Memtest86, and let it run for at least 7-8 passes (takes some time). If you don't know how to use it, check out this guide HERE.

Regards :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back