TechSpot

Could I get a quick price check for an upcomming swap meet...?

By Cryo
Mar 27, 2002
  1. My college has it's end of the year swap meet next month and I'm going to be selling off both of my rigs so that I can get a laptop for grad school. The problem is I have no idea what to start the pricing at. Any help you guys could offer would be great. Thanks a ton.

Here are the systems with approx prices...

System 1 - $1300
    ATX Full Tower 6x3.5” and 6x5.25” bays
    431Watt Enermax Power supply
    3 x 80mm Enermax Thermal Sensitive case fans
    ABit KT7A-Raid Motherboard
    Athlon 1.2GHz T-Bird 266FSB
    512MB PC133 cas2 Crucial SDRAM (2x256)
    Nvidia GForce 4 MX 440 64MB DDR
    Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
    3Com 3C905B-TX 10/100 NIC
    US Robotics 56k PCI Voice Modem
    3.5” / 5.25” combo floppy drive
    IDE Zip100 drive
    Acer 50x CD-ROM
    Sony 8x4x32x CD-RW
    2 x Maxtor 10GB 7200RPM Hard disks
    2 x Maxtor 40GB 5400RPM Hard disks
    Microsoft IntelliMouse
    Logitech Ergonomic Keyboard
    17” Monitor
    I custom built this system in July of 2001. It has never been overclocked and is in perfect working order.

System 2 - $300
    ATX Mid-Tower 4x5.25” 3x3.5” bays
    300W Power supply
    80mm Enermax Thermal sensitive case fan
    Abit BH6 Motherboard
    Celeron 366a
    256MB PC133 cas2 Micron SDRAM (2x128)
    Voodoo3 3500TV
    SoundBlaster PC128
    RealTek 10/100 PCI NIC
    Samsung 8GB 5400RPM Hard disk
    Logitech Trackman Mouse
    Generic Ergonomic keyboard
    15” Dell Trinitron Display
    I’ve had this system for a couple years now. This year it has mainly functioned as a FTP/game server. It is in great working order and I’ve had no problems with it.

2. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

For System 2, $300 is a little steep for a 366 system.
    System 1 price is fair for what is in it but with new faster systems being offered by major sellers, $1300 may be hard to get. You will have to convince them. I just built an AMD 1.4 system with 19" monitor and stuff and it was only about $1200. Remember, all most non computer people see two things, SPEED, and PRICE.

Anyway, good luck selling them, try to convince them thats what they want, don't be afraid to come down a little, just don't take a beating.

3. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

What college do you go to that they do this swap meet thing? Pretty cool..I would probably say that $1000 is fair for sys 1 and $200 for sys 2 is fair.

btw, if you need a sweet deal on a laptop, let me know. my work is having a great sale of all PIII based notebooks..I dont know how long the sale is gonna last though.

4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Posts: 868

svtcobra, how much are talking on the P3 laptops??? PM me if you want. I would like to know some specs, etc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.