Could not adjest the colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hichael

Hi everyone

This is the new system i picked up today: APEVIA X-Infinity Metal Case
-windows XP home addition (I already had it )
-INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4G
-BFG GeForce 8800GTX OC2 Edition
- 2GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Sli Dual Channel
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache Sata II Hard Drive
-OCZ Game Stream 850W SLI Power Supply
- ASUS Striker Extreme nforce 680i sli
-Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card with Blue UV LED
- Zalman - CNPS9700LED - CNPS9700
-Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Light scribe DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn

1) there are two problems in the first day. The first and the major one is the colors. Everything seems red or orange color. I tried to adjust the color from the monitor (ACER 20") and there was no help. I tried the video card adjustment panel on the desktop and could not fix it either. Am I missing something here?
This monitor was perfect on my other computer today, or does it mean the
monitor needs a driver update?

2) The other problem is, drive C is telling me there is 697G free hard drive, when it supposed to be 747 (I bought 750G, lets say 3G for the Windows). I called the store and they convinced me that, windows XP home addition can not read 750G; it can only read 700G or less. Is that true? If not, how can I fix it by myself?

Thank you

Hichael

You should check the pins in the connector of the monitor. If any pins are bent, it would cause that exact problem. It happened to me with an older IBM CRT 17". I knew that it used to be perfect...yet the color was really off. When I looked at the pin arrangement in the connector, a couple of pins were bent and not making connection. This results in some strange color configs. If that's not it, get another one, after all, you just bought it! As far as your hard drive is concerned, that happens all the time. I have never gotten a hard drive yet that really had all the gigs it was supposed too. 50 gigs is a lot but what can you do? I'd like to see one that had MORE than it was supposed too.

both of u should do a little studying, the manufactures only count a GIG as 1000MB but in truth it is 1024MB and if u actually figure what they have told u are buying and what u get they are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back