Could Not Reset Direct 3D Device, this application will now close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate29

I am trying to play this computer game but when I click on play, it brings up this message saying (Could Not Reset Direct 3D Device, this application will now close) I tried downloading DirectX again but it didnt work...I need help.

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Please change your title "Help Me" to something like "Trouble with Games" and please give us a little more info, like your system specs and the name of the game you are having trouble playing. System specs should include the make and model of you computer, video card, processor, amount of system memory and operating system. Providing all this can only help us help you!

Okay, ummm...the game is SW: Empire At War... Its a Gateway, Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Servie Pack 2 Intel (r) Celeron (R) CPU 2.66ghz 240MB of RAM. I am using the latest DirectX. Anything else?

That's cool Karate29,
So you are running on-board video? If you are, go to the Gateway support site and see if the have a video driver update for your model. If you are running a video card, an update might be available for that too. Try running Microsoft Update and see if any video drivers are listed under custom. Other than this, your system's Video may not be powerfull enough to run this game or others

Okay thanks...anybody else feel free to give me more ideas, and if it works i will so state. Thanks....

That is the only thing to do, read the sticky at the top and post your motherboard and I will tell you how to get it to work, dont post back unless you have a model number or cant read.

Come on people I am not a genius...motherboard? My model number is E2300. Use easier steps for me to follow...Im not a computer genius...give me a break.

Karate29 said:
Come on people I am not a genius...motherboard? My model number is E2300. Use easier steps for me to follow...Im not a computer genius...give me a break.

Can you give us a serial number off the case? is your Gateway a tower or a desktop model

SN: 0035468940 tower

I want to restate the original question.
How do i reset my Direct3d device?
Can anybody answer this so i can understand blatently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back