Could someone take a look at my [mini]dump(s)? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilBoris

I've been having never ending problems with my PC, I changed from Vista x64 to X86 as I had a scanner with no 64bit drivers and since then I have had problem after problem. Basically having BSOD ALL the time , I had none at all on x64 but have had a bizillion on the 32bit Vista.

It was a fresh install and after a few weeks I did another fresh install and it BSOD on it's first boot.

I wondered if it may of not been getting enough power (as I have a 8600GTS card in here and numerous other bits and bobs) so I forked out a heap for a good quality PSU. Still got BSODs, I tested the RAM and it got a couple of errors and I soon discovered that my motherboard wasn't capable of providing enough voltage to the chips, so I bought some brand new 1.8v DD2 ram and I'm still having crashes. I had 5 or 6 of these crashes today and I'm at the end of my tether.

this is the case/mobo I have
ASUS T3-M2NC51PV

and here is a zip file FULL of freaking minidumps
evilboris.com/Whole_load_of_dumps.zip

If anybody can manage to help me fix this I will be over the moon, this PC has cost me a fortune so far (it was only meant to be a simple upgrade!) CURSE YOU PC!

Ok Evil,
You have the most minidumps posted in one thread than I have seen. Thanks :)

You have a sick system for sure. You have a piece of hardware or a driver... or 2 that Vista doesn't like... I see a corrupted sector or 2 on the hard drive, memory errors and Nvidia problems. There's even mention of network connectivity trouble. Hardware to motherboard incompatibility. Where to begin??

You have done a fresh install. Problems with memory can mimmick all these symptoms. How much RAM are you running? What brand?

I had 2 gig of OCZ 4-5-5-12 DDR2 6400 installed , but I replaced that as it it needed 1.9-2.1v to work properly apparently and my motherboard has non adjustable voltage. I had a few errors on a windows based version of Memtest , but non on the bootable DOS version

So about a week ago it was replaced with 2 gig of GEIL 5-5-5-15 6400 DDR2.

I saw that the TCPIP.sys error was quite a common one so I even bought a PCI network card on sunday, disabled the onboard ethernet adapter and used that instead, but I'm still having the problems.

It's just all so weird, like I said everything was fine running x64 Vista, which leads me to believe after replacing half the blooming components (which were all brand new may I add) that it is some kind of driver issue.
Is it possible that having bad memory during the install could of caused all this as a snowballing effect?

The BSODs are getting more frequent and there are some errors that I hadn't seen before in the last few days.

I left Memtest running today whilst I was at work, so it was going a good 8 hours not a single error.

The previous RAM gave me several errors before it had even got to 30%

"Is it possible that having bad memory during the install could of caused all this as a snowballing effect?"...

Yes! Do another fresh install of Vista 32-bit and the new memory and see what happens

I've just done a upgrade/repair install to reset all the windowsey stuff, so I'll see how it goes for the next few days. I need to wait til I've got a day off before I attempt a fresh install, it's an epic job.

I did the system file checker and it reported some errors it was unable to fix, I'm just running it post repair install.

The Sytem File Integrety checker didn't find any problems , but the PC still is going to the old Blue screen, mostly when my girlfriend is working in photoshop.

Please say it is so!

My girlfriend (whilst trying to help a friend purchase NOD32) noticed that they have a different version of it for Vista........

EvilBoris said:
The Sytem File Integrety checker didn't find any problems , but the PC still is going to the old Blue screen, mostly when my girlfriend is working in photoshop.

Win32K.sys
NTKRNLPA.sys

Corrupted file(s) on the hard drive... Run CHKDSK /r

Tmagic650 said:
"Nope, it wasn't. Nothing that simple"...

What are you talking about here???

It appeared I was running a version of my virus scanner that was made for windows 98/me :S

I've installed the vista one, looks pretty but then got the BSOD whilst I was away from the PC.

Thanks for all your help so far :)
The last crash there gave me a new error I'd not seen before in winDBG

I did a fresh install today, I took every bit of unneeded hardware out of the machine, I even used the onboard graphics for the install process.

I'm gradually installing everything again.

I've had one BSOD but it was unlike any I've seen so far, I went food shopping leaving windows update to download the bits and pieces it wanted and when I had come back the machine had gone into sleep mode or hibernation and shut itself down.
When I turned it on again It gave me a message with lots of things saying parameter=1 or something.

I'm hoping that was just because of the hibernation it put itself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back