Could this mean I have a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

Hi Guys, I need help. I'd just been organising/editing my music and tags (folder location, disc number, track name) etc, and now have strange behaviour.

I was moving some mp3s from one big folder into 3 separate sub-folders (Disc 1, 2 and 3). When it got to the 3rd set, I couldn't paste, and have now realised that most of the folders on my computer show as "read only"!

Everytime I try and change untick the box/option, it goes straight back!! Arghh. My NOD32 updates expired a couple of days ago, but the Antivirus was still running. I've been meaning to renew it, but I should point out that I hadn't been downloading anything at the time, so didn't have any incoming traffic as far as I was aware.

Other abnormalities include being able to edit names of SOME of these sub-folders, but not all. I now cannot edit the name of the "Disc 1" folder, but can with the folder, "Disc 3", which was the most recently created. What's even more strange is the "Disc 3" folder shows as "read-only" and I can also edit the names of the files in the "Disc 1" folder.

In case a recent Microsoft Update this evening was the unlikely cause, I did a System Restore. I still have the flaming problem. NOD32 has given me no alerts.

Thanks for any help.

Your log looks pretty clean to me. I'm not sure what could be the cause of your problem.

I've found the problem. One of the .mp3 files from Disc 3 was corrupt, stopping all of them from Disc 3 being pasted into a new folder. It's strange though as my PC recognises the file as an mp3 (iTunes icon) but I cannot rename/edit it via the context menu, or open it in iTunes via "Open with". My PC reports the file as invalid. ODD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back