Couldn't turn on Acer travelmate 370 wifi connectivity button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an Acer TravelMate 370 and i'm having problem in using its wireless connectivity function. The hardware is okay same as the driver. It is just that if I try to turn on the launch key for wireless LAN the LED doesn't lit up. And even if i turned on the wireless radio from windows network driver nothing happens. I still can't connect to our wireless network. And it always says that I should turn on the device before I could use it. I really need your help on this. Thanks a lot

first off ring up acer tech support and see if they can fix it, maybe a defective wifi module (im assuming its inbuilt)
does it pick up any signal at all? maybe try another wifi network; or is it just dead? can you dig around bios and see if there's any thing to enable regarding the wifi, also same thing inside device manager

Im from Philippines and there was no tech support available to cater my request. Thats why I opted to write my issue here. My Wifi is built in. There's only one network available in my area and my other laptop is working well with that network. The problem is it doesn't pick up any signal and it doesn't recognize any network available. I've tried to check its bios but there was no option in turning it on not even on the device manager. I think the Wifi option of my laptop is just dead. Im trying to turn on the button that it says i have to press it in order for me to turn on the Wifi but it turned out to be dead. is there something wrong with my hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back