Counter Stike Source Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, recently me and my friends have been thinking about building a CSS server, and we were just wondering what you guys thought would be the best hardware setup in general, such as how much RAM, what speed for the components, dual core vs. quad, intel vs. AMD, what mobo, etc. Also, do i need to get specific server components, such as server memory, a server power supply, or a server motherboard? And last, do I want 2 physical cores, or just a dual core processor? Thanks!
p.s. Also, anyone know how to make a CSS server cracked?

I personally would get about 4k DDR 2 Ram and nforce SLI LT mobo since i is designed for SLI but it is still very effective for servers .. so ive read. and get Core Duo QUAD

When buying the ram, be sure to purchase registered memory. I'm not an expert on servers, but I do remember when my CS:S clan upgraded their memory, they said something about having to buy registered.

It would probably be cheaper to rent slots on an already established server. You can get them for about $2 a month per slot. Then you don't have the huge cost up front and no worries about maintainence.

If you want people to play on your server but not be in your house then just rent one. Unless you have a Verzion FIOS internet connection you're not going to have the bandwidth required for a large group of people to play over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back