TechSpot

Counter Strike 1.6- 2 problems

By trojan570
May 31, 2007
  1. Please help!
    occassionally, when i start counterstrike an try to join a server, It will go really slow and my ping will be 4000. My ping is usually ~20. This happens about half the time, and I have nothing significant running in the background and I am not downloading/uploading anything. :(

When playing counterstrike and talking on ventrilo (both chat systems) people complain of my mic volume being too low. I am using a logitech USB mic with a soundblaster audigy se sound card and a asus K8N mobo. I have all my mic volume turned up (EAX console and windows volume) but this doesn't seem to help.

thanks guys!

2. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Well, I can only possibly help for number one. I believe it is probably due to the 5/30 update of Steam. If it has been doing this forever, disregard this link. If it started lately, then go here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564395
    The update killed me too.

If it has always done this, we need to know your connection.

3. trojan570

trojan570 TS Rookie Topic Starter

it just started doing it. That link states my problem. but there is no answer there :( . I still have both problems. O and on the second problem isnt there something called boost mic gain somewhere? how do I do that?

4. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.