Counter Strike 1.6 Ping Issues. GAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSkoad

Counter Strike 1.6 Ping Issues. Only getting Asian servers.

Alright. So I have been to atleast a dozen sites and have ye tto get an answer to this, I am praying that this is the site that will help me.

So I load CS 1.6 and click Find Servers and it will come up with a good 500 or so, but the thing is, every single one of them is like 250+ping except for the LAN servers it shows which I cannot join.

Why in the hell cant I join any servers where my ping isnt uber high? Its like all the servers it is showing me are hosting in Japan/China or somewhere over there.

Im on a cable connection, every other game I play my ping is just fine. I have no spyware or anything, it is simply just CS1.6. I also have my ports forwarded correctly. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Here is a screenshot of what I see, the reason it shows boxes is because I uninstalled the Jap/Chinese font.

my.php

I do realize that you are not suppose to double post, however, I did not get a reply to my problem and it was falling WAY down the list. So I hope you dont mind me bumping this.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my above post. Thanks in advance.

xSkoad said:
I do realize that you are not suppose to double post...

Not us, you. ;)

Can you please run the bandwidth test and post it back here.
I saw some server that have lot of players and it has low ping... 250MS is ok. THat is total of players's ping. [if you find a server with lot of people and the server ping is less than 500... you might being safe by assuming that most people are running low pings.] however, the vice versa, few players with a server high ping... <BAD :)

I do not understand why you are trying to connect to servers in Asia. Thats going to bring on high pings. Just like i can not play on EU servers with BF2. Can you only see Asian servers? I think that is you real issue.

you need to change your filters....and if it still happens fix your rates

rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
fps_max 101

and it could be you have a virus or something..

Im only seeing Asian servers. My speeds are completely fine. I can play any other game just fine. It is JUST CS 1.6 only.

and yes I only see Asian servers.

I also changed my filters already and the rates. Still the same.

xSkoad said:
Im only seeing Asian servers. My speeds are completely fine. I can play any other game just fine. It is JUST CS 1.6 only.

and yes I only see Asian servers.

I also changed my filters already and the rates. Still the same.

I have the exact same problem. I can to these boards looking for a solution as well. I can only find servers with high pings, but they are not only Asian. I see European (IE French, Spanish, etc) servers on the server list as well. Usually when I hit the "Refresh All" button only 600-700 serversshow up.

The odd thing is that this only started about three weeks ago. I used to be able to see around 29000 servers if I let it refresh and not stop it. I have even tried reinstalling but this does not work either. Any help at all will be great because it is so hard to play CS like this.

find some US server IP's by googling and put them in your favorites. Then just refresh a list of 10 or so good ones =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back