Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ai Hate

in case anyone is interested...

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Preview @ pc.ign.com

pc.ign.com:
"One of the biggest challenges with making this game was not splitting the user base. So we actually had some major hurdles in this game. One, bring the user base forward. It's all one big community as far as the multiplayer goes. Two, create an entirely new single-player experience. What is Counter-Strike single-player like really? Three, Half-Life is getting old, lets do something to the tech, lets make it look good again 'cause none of us can really respect the way it looked before. And four, go nuts with AI. That's what this game is all about."

pc.ign.com:
"We also have 160 characters that we've made for CZ. First we did all of the uniforms that the real units use and we started working on the faces. We got everybody at Gearbox, did all of their faces, and we weren't even a quarter of the way there. We had to start pulling people in like the UPS guy. They just had to sign the release form and then the UPS guy was in the game." We saw the UPS guy. He looked pretty tough...for a UPS guy.
lol :haha:

Apparently they have used about 3 times the polygons that were using in the original for the player models. Does anyone know of information about the engine used and if its a HL2 engine or still just the original with bits bolted on?

Here's the answer to your question ripped from CS:CZ's official website:
Powered by an enhanced Half-Life engine, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero introduces new game technologies including highly-detailed models; atmospheric enhancements, such as snow and rain; and more dynamic special effects -- taking the #1 online action game into new territory."
I thought this was an awesome display of what's to come:

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Video Interview

Thanks for that. Guess I should have had a look around www.counter-strike.net for some more information myself.
I'm not sure yet whether I am going to buy this game when it comes out since its a bit weird trying to make a single player game from a game that is so successful because of its multiplayer gameplay. The challenge of pitting yourself against fellow human beings is just one of those things that keeps me coming back to CS over and over and over and..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back