Counter Strike FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
First, these are my specs

p4 3.02
512ddr
GeForcefx 5900xt

Until about 5 days ago i was getting 99fps no matter what situation, then all of a sudden my fps started dropping to about 50 with 2 and more people on the screen.

My fps_max is set
vertical sync is off
anianylisings are off
Newest drivers installed
refresh rate at 85

I searched and removed all spyware from my computer.
Can you please tell me what the problem could be?

Is this with Lan? Or is it Online? Because it "might" be the connection. Not sure if it could/would effect it....

it is online, i doubt it would have any connection with my fps though, im running on a cable 350k/s. This has happened even before the newest cs update

No problem

Its probably because you didnt turn of developer.

Do this... go into the cstrike directory and save a notepad file called "autoexec.cfg" exactly like that. In the file type
developer 1
fps_max whatever
That should do the trick :cool:
P.S. You dont have to make the autoexec file but everytime you start up cs you'll have to type developer 1 in console.

Best thing to do in this situation.
Reformat.
If its only CS that has this problem, just try reinstalling, if other games do that, than follow my reformat idea.

I think this fps problem has to do with Steam. This problem comes and goes away with every minor update to Steam on my computer. Sometimes smoke at Aztec will slow my fps down to very choppy 25-30 frames. Then a few days later, I stay at around 100 fps with smoke on Aztec. Very strange.

Try this...

first open two windows in c drive then type this in one of the address fields:
C:\WINDOWS\system32

then in the other one type this in the address field:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\mgagcc@hotmail.com\half-life\gldrv

now, in system32 look for the file labeled "nvoglnt.dll", without the "

copy it

go to the Half-Life folder then paste it in the gldrv folder.
After that you will need to modify the file drvmap so make a copy first.
In the file, type:
Default Default
gldrv/nvoglnt.dll OpenGL Driver
making that the only thing in the file, doing this will allow you to use OpenGL, the thing about steam is, it defaults to 3dfx so you have to manually change it.

I hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back