Counter Strike low fps (I lost my fps!)

By smanrocks
Oct 24, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I lost my fps!

Hey i was running cs normally on my nvidia fx5200 w/ 128 mb, vid card, then a fatal error came up (stoopid comp) and kmixer.sys and naveng.sys went into some files they shouldnt have. and now my fps are at 10-15 instead of my usually 60
    here are some settings
    fps_max 100
    fps_modem 100
    cl_updaterate 100
    cl_cmdrate 100
    rate 25000

i turned vsync off ne thing u can think of i could do to bring htem back up, i also reinstalled drivers. thx
  2. smanrocks

smanrocks Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

My Nvidia GeForce Fx5200 Pci w/ 128 is spitting out crappy fps

I have 10 fps out of that card, and 5 on assault, for some reason. Two days ago i had 60 easily, and now it way down there. I checked the device manager and it says its running properly, i reinstalled the drivers and the whole thing itself, i also updated it. The problem is in Counter-strike, and i check my fps_max and modem in console, my rate if fine, adn my cl_updaterate and cmdrate are fine as well, If ne one knows what the problem might be that would be grately appreciate. O ya my computer recovered from a serious error, haha, this is what it said

Stop: 0x0000008E (0x000000005, 0x81c8D363, 0xBA2A49EC, 0x00000000)

that is the first message, then i restarted and got my fps back up. then it crashed again saying this

kmixer.sys - Address 81C8D363 base at 81C8C000, DateStamp 41107d32

NAVENG.sys - Address BA2A49EC base at BA2A49EC, DateStamp 00000000

and now my fps are down again, i tried the same thing that i did last time, and then i did everything listed above in the 1st paragraph. If you know what the problem is, and could tell me i would greatly apprectiate it. thx again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.