Counter-Strike ping problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minime88

When I play on a UK-based server on Counter-Strike 1.6, I get 20-50 ping (latency). When I go to this particular German server, I get 500-1000 ping, I used to get 60-80 ping for this server.. Then I go back on a UK server and it's totally fine.

And I know the ping depends on where your location is, but I should be getting 60-80 ping for European servers because I live in Europe (UK). So why do I get 500-1000+ ping for this server?

Thanks.

The most obvious reason that springs to mind is that there is a problem at their end. Of course, if you see a dozen people on that server playing with good pings, then this probably isn't the case. :chef:

wirm said:
The most obvious reason that springs to mind is that there is a problem at their end. Of course, if you see a dozen people on that server playing with good pings, then this probably isn't the case. :chef:

They all have good pings exept me, and my friend who uses the same internet connection as me and the same network, he gets on fine. So could it be my computer?

For instance, I need to download a new map for the server, my friend downloads it and it takes him 30 seconds.

I download it, and it takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

And remember, we use the same internet connection and the same network.

I have tried Anti-Virus scan and Spyware scan, still no look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back