TechSpot

Counter Strike 'ping" tweaks

By Z3RO
Mar 5, 2002
  1. CS ping tweaks

hey i was just wondering if anybody knows the commands to improve the ping for CS.i read a strategy guide that gave some commands like "rate 1000" for modems etc. but i for got them. if any one knows them could u please tell me? thx.:grinthumb

2. Analog

Analog TS Rookie

The HL/CS tweak guide at this very site covers the "rate" command and various other things which will help lower your ping and give you a better connection all-around. Check it out here.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

:wave: :wave: Welcome to 3D Spotlight Forums, both of you! :wave: :wave:
    3D Spotlight has some great tweak guides for a lot of things. Games, hardware, and OS's are all covered. Check them out sometime.
    Hope you guys stick around too, you'll learn a lot and be able to help others in the process.

4. Z3RO

Z3RO TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx for the help i found what i was looking for and now i can change the settings for the game.thx:wave:

5. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 382

great u say?? hah!!!

they r the best gaming guides in the whole www

6. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

7. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 382

Uncleel, how on earth did u reach 1973 posts in one month?? amazing!! u r a real fan of theese forums, i hope i can reach u someday

8. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Ping tweaks make no other difference to me other than making my connection (56k) more unstable - i.e. more "random" disconnects. Tweaking my settings also makes the web slower.

9. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

We carried across our post counts from the previous version of 3ds forums (accessible via my signature). There is a lot of useful information in the old forum so I encourage users to check that out first before posting a new query/problem that may have previously been answered :)

10. Boondock.Saint

Boondock.Saint TS Rookie

rate 999999 and fps_max 300

I was wondering if any1 knows any good rates and tweaks???

11. stoned_ham

stoned_ham TS Rookie

Counter-Strike is a wast of time

it take you what 8 shot befor you die what bull sh*t Counter-Strike is just so fake

12. Boondock.Saint

Boondock.Saint TS Rookie

ITS a game take it easy

13. oggy06

oggy06 TS Rookie

broadband connection

hi

I dont know what k my broadband modem is for steam do u know what one it is? And is it because of that my ping is high?

from oggy

14. oggy06

oggy06 TS Rookie

hey zero do you know what k it should be for a broadband modem? plz tell me if u know

15. BADLEMON

BADLEMON TS Rookie

yer cuz bruh mang when i scrim with my bling in the ol RL scene dawg one shot all it take to bring yo *** down

16. Cpt_Subtext

Cpt_Subtext TS Rookie Posts: 273

Eh? Come again mate? Do we have one the L33t freaks on our hands? lol

17. BADLEMON

BADLEMON TS Rookie

if by L33t freak you mean one bad assed brother from the bronx. then yes

18. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Badlemon shhhhutt up!

Learn to spell then come back to Techspot :)

19. BADLEMON

BADLEMON TS Rookie

where i come from, we dont need an education, just our mits, to get us through the hard times.

20. ZeroCount

ZeroCount TS Rookie Posts: 81

Ha! Canadian! *Points at Badlemon*

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.