TechSpot

Counter strike problem need help

By duffguy
Dec 31, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My hard drive somehow deleted most of my games like halo and steam. now when i downloaded and installed steam again i tryed to run counter strike conditon zero. When i try to connect to a server the game just shuts it self down when it goes to precaching resources. Is it becuase its not done updatng the game? My compter used to be able to play it before but now its not. please help me on this.
  2. ajinkya.steel

ajinkya.steel TS Rookie

Use XP 's restore point option or reinstall CS

You can Use XP 's restore pint option from Accessories->System tools-> System Resore. OR
    Just reinstall CS & let Steam update it's Plateform files from net and after this Steam automatically start the Updating games, but stop that update if you have the backup of Steam updates.If not take a Update backup CD from a friend (this not illegal).
    GOOD LUCK ! :cool:
  3. duffguy

duffguy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 201

I did do system restore it didnt restore any of my games! Is there any other way i can restore the files?
  4. teentech

teentech TS Rookie Posts: 24

hey i have the same game and i did a restore the best thing to do is unrestore and if it doesnt work you may have to re-install it good Luck ;)
  5. MaXtor

MaXtor TS Rookie Posts: 90

@duffguy. You might want to move yourself over to Steam Powered.

www.steampowered.com

[EDIT]Check your PM's, I sent you a message[/EDIT]
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.