Counter Strike source connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there I have a problem with all of my FPS's.

Bf2, css, and dod.

On counter stike and Dod it never gets past connecting or parsing game info. If it does it shows the server then just says there is a problem with your connection then disconnects me.

I'm really not sure whats wrong.

This is what my console said as soon as I was dc.d

maxplayers set to 32
Heap: 256.00 Mb
Parsed 359 text messages
execing config.cfg
1 CPU, Frequency: 2.0 Ghz, Features: AuthenticAMD SSE SSE2 MMX 3DNow RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
execing valve.rc
Network: IP 192.168.0.10, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27006 CL
Connecting to 80.69.84.37:27015...
Connected to 80.69.84.37:27015
Connecting to 72.54.1.134:27015...
Retrying 72.54.1.134:27015...
Connected to 72.54.1.134:27015

Counter-Strike: Source
Map: scoutzknivez
Players: 5 / 11
Build 2916
Server Number 2
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
[KOBK] ponnected

Server connection timed out.
couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg
couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

If I poseted something bad plz don't send my spyware. I'm a noob at this networkin stuff.

Help me please?

Welcome to TS! You will get your answers if you stick around and keep at it.

I first suspect a firewall. Your dc:d says it uses ports "27015 SV / 27006 CL" so I wonder if you have those open?

If you have a software firewall, try turning it off. Such as Zonealarm or Norton Internet Security. And check the Windows firewall from Control Panel as well.

So in that, try shutting down any other programs you don't need open, and try them again.

What kind of computer do you have? Windows version? Service pack? Internet provider?

Good luck!

Well I don't have a firewall and I took off the windows firewall.

I tried closing all programs and still no luck

I'm running windows xp, sp2. I have comcast.

Its a custom built computer.

Help?

I never get kicked off BF2 but everyones I know gets connection poroblems with BF 2142 and I am sure its a server issue/EA issue.

You need a firewall for god sakes. You must not enjoy having your system.:unch:

If not a firewall (port blocking) problem, then it could be a cablemodem problem. Some modems are just no good with gaming. Find your user manual for the comcast modem, or call them up, and see why you are having gaming problems. It could be some bad lag in their hardware, maybe they could replace it? Some modems also include basic firewall functions, so it could still be that. You have to get "in" to the modem setup and have a look around. Sometimes you can turn on a "gaming mode".
Also check/replace your cable just in case.

Then I suppose you could try removing and reinstalling one of the games just for kicks.

Damnit

I have been having the same exact problem, if u fixed it can u help me. I think it may be comcast, i am not sure. Please reply if u have a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back