TechSpot

Counter Strike Source, Latency high!

By krisqaz
May 26, 2005
  1. Hi, Iv bought the half life 2 pack that has counter strike source with it,

I have installed everything and updated everything with Steam, but when play CS s i get a really high Latency of 100-400. My internet speeds are 384kbs download and 128kbs upLoad. That should be fast enough.

I have 512 Ram and 25GB free,

Is there anyway of lowering my Latency?, Other People on any game i join have theres between 15- 60 ( Fast)

So if anyone can help plz do.

2. Method

Method TS Rookie Posts: 20

join servers hosted in your country, maybe a firewall blocking or something?

3. XApemanX

XApemanX TS Rookie Posts: 17

sometimes your latency goes bad when your service provider is doing work on the line or it goes on and off. i find that my cable's latency gets worse in the summer for some reason and it laggs me a bit. its somethign to drive you crazy.
    the only thing u could probly do is buy a gigabit/ethernet card for cheap. and yea play some servers close to where you live. expect a high ping if your living on the west coast of north america and your playing in a server from germany. ;)

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

That will not change a thing. An Internet connection can hardly saturate a 10Mbit card, Gigabit Ethernet is overkill just to connect to a cable or ADSL modem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.