Counter Strike Source, Latency high!

By krisqaz
May 26, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, Iv bought the half life 2 pack that has counter strike source with it,

I have installed everything and updated everything with Steam, but when play CS s i get a really high Latency of 100-400. My internet speeds are 384kbs download and 128kbs upLoad. That should be fast enough.

I have 512 Ram and 25GB free,

Is there anyway of lowering my Latency?, Other People on any game i join have theres between 15- 60 ( Fast)

So if anyone can help plz do.
  2. Method

Method Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

join servers hosted in your country, maybe a firewall blocking or something?
  3. XApemanX

XApemanX Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

sometimes your latency goes bad when your service provider is doing work on the line or it goes on and off. i find that my cable's latency gets worse in the summer for some reason and it laggs me a bit. its somethign to drive you crazy.
    the only thing u could probly do is buy a gigabit/ethernet card for cheap. and yea play some servers close to where you live. expect a high ping if your living on the west coast of north america and your playing in a server from germany. ;)
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

That will not change a thing. An Internet connection can hardly saturate a 10Mbit card, Gigabit Ethernet is overkill just to connect to a cable or ADSL modem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.