Counter Strike Source Loading Issue!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

Right, just loaded up steam on there i have half life 2 and CS:S, half life 2 works perfectly fine gfx wise, any way it works well, but i load up CS:S and all i see is the loading screen with the counter strike background and the box saying loading and then suddenly it changes to a black screen with a few random white blocks???

There is a link here where you can download the picture, but im really confused? ive tried the -window command, i thought it may help...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/728bd1/

Thanks for any help,
Socoms

I had the same problum with just Counter Strike..... Steam just dose not work right.... or both our comps just suck....

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66073.html

british_command, can you attach the picture here instead? that site is taking ages for me to load..
atro.. wanna expand on your problem?

you guys, try reinstalling it if you can, or using lower display settings.. check your graphics card and PSU's got enough juice to run the game properly. All in the link! Tell me how you go :)

Well...

Well i have enough juice defeinetly because this laptop is better than my PC which ran CS:S, erm the picture isnt important i see counter strike source loading background and the loading tab in bottom right and suddenly it goes all black and in the center a few random white block appear!?

I dont know if my graphics card is direct x compatible? i looked on compatibility list and i dont think its compatible although i think it is because i played half life 2 completely fine!!! my gfx card is Mobile express 945GM

But i also wanan know if you can buy a gfx card for your laptop because i will buy one for around £100, aslong as its possible and i wanna know how you fidn out if you have a graphics card slot on a laptop because im know PC's but im new to laptops :p thanks agian mate

But i also wanan know if you can buy a gfx card for your laptop because i will buy one for around £100, aslong as its possible and i wanna know how you fidn out if you have a graphics card slot on a laptop because im know PC's but im new to laptops :p thanks agian mate
ner... your pretty much stuck with what you've got... the only things changable in a laptop are the HDD, ram and optical drive... (maybe screen too) but graphics card is inbuilt and so with the CPU chipset...

In my link i gave above post, there is a link there regarding Intel based graphics card.. i suggest you take a look at that and try find the troubleshooter/workaround for your game, if any..

in either case, try the graphics setting at the lowest possible and turn off any unnecessary programs in the background and try again.. you might get lucky..

Download Everest (linked there as well) and monitor your temperatures etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back