Counterstrike 1.6 video problems

By kaze
Jul 1, 2005
  1. Hey, i have recently installed a Nvidia geforce fx5200 128mb gfx card into my computer
    My computer-
    AMD athlon 2600+
    40gig HDD
    2x256mbRAM Samsung.
    Gigabyte Motherboard.
    Nvidia geforce fx5200 128mb.
    ViewSonic P775 Professnial 17" Crt Monitor
    So anyways, i started playing counterstrike 1.6 at the start with 100fps, maybe dropped to 99fps, but it was perfect game play, then i tried to play source and it asked me to update my drivers so i clicked on the nvidia site, and found what i believe is the correct drivers, after this source worked fine.
    I rebooted and then tried cs 1.6 again, only to find my fps had dropped to 50-60fps, even lower during battle and when a smoke grenade was thrown.

What can i do?
    maybe some counterstrike commands that will help? of GFX card configuration? Maybe some new drivers? i dont know.
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

that should be very playable, is it when smoke is present?
  3. truflip

truflip TS Rookie Posts: 390

lol the new driver reset ur gfx configs.. CS normally max out at 60fps.. if u meddle with the gfx card settings.. i think u turn off vsync (i never done it) then ur max will be 100..

if u play CS at 50-60fps WITH smoke.. u got nothing to complain about lol jus be happy =D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.