CPC plz help, error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

z28spd

I am also recieveing a frequent error. Can you check my stuff too? thanks in advance. Here is the error code

BCcode: 1000007f BCP1: 0000000D BCP2: 00000000 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

It says these files are to blame:

Attachments

• sysdata.zip
    33 KB · Views: 5
Your minidump crashes with a hardware error, and a bugcheck of 7F.

It references your video card drivers. Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the drivers.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

It is very difficult to be sure from just one minidump.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

my computer only crashes when im playing a game as far as i can remember. does that have any bearing on what it could be as well?

z28spd said:
my computer only crashes when im playing a game as far as i can remember. does that have any bearing on what it could be as well?

This could be caused by a ram problem, incuding video ram, or cpu ram, or overheating, or maybe a psu problem etc.

Run all the tests in the link I gave you, and see what they reveal.

ya i was thinking maybe overheating, i had taken the side panel off of the computer and it seemed to help with the frequency of the problem.

That is deffinitely a sign of overheating.

Check your temperatures, and make sure any dust, or debris are removed from your computer. especially the fans, and heatsinks.

z28spd said:
how exactly do i run that test. cant find instructions on the site! :confused:

I assume your talking about Memtest86+?

If you have a floppy drive. Download the floppy version of Memtest. Put it on a floppy, and boot from the floppy driver. You may need to alter your boot priority in bios.

If you don`t have a floppy drive. Download the pre-compiled iso version. Burn unzip it, and burn the resulting file as an image to cd. Then boot from the cd.

Memtest will keep running untill your tell it to stop. Let it run fro at least 7 passes.

i tried to run the memtest. but had some problems. i followed the readme, made the boot disk, changed boot priority and booted from the floppy. It said the Loading... part but then it doesn't look anything like the screen shots on their webpage

The following runs across the left side of the screen and just continues to do so:

AX: 0212
BX: 8600
CX: 0201
DX: 0000.
EX: 1000

What did i do wrong

Maybe the download was corrupt in some way, or the floppy disk is faulty. Redownload it and try again on another floppy disk.

ran them both through the test overnight and came out with error code 0000ff00? Didn't run them individually, should i do that.

i ran the test on my first stick of ram and no errors came up. so that means my second stick is the faulty one? do i even need to run the test on the second one now?

I recommend that you do run the test on the second stick, just to be sure, that it`s faulty.

If it turns out it is, then your problem should be resolved.

just finished the second test on both sticks. turns out that neither stick by itself was faulty. I tested both sticks in the first slot. No errors for each one. Then I switched the sticks slots around, putting the 2nd one where the 1st was originally and the 1st where the 2nd was originally. The only time an error showed up was when there was both sticks of memory in. So does this say there is something faulty with my mobo memory slot or what is the problem here.

It could be that you sticks of ram are incompatible with each other.

We see this all to often. Where ram will be ok on it`s own, but not when run together.

Check with your mobo manufacturers website for ram compatibility.

It is of course entirely possible for your mobo to have a faulty dimm slot.

i know its compatible because its the same ram brand and speed, everything, i purchased it together. Only other thing could be the mobo? i would just have to buy a whole new mobo no other solution right

z28spd said:
i know its compatible because its the same ram brand and speed, everything, i purchased it together. Only other thing could be the mobo? i would just have to buy a whole new mobo no other solution right

If you`re sure that your ram is compatible. Maybe you should try relaxing/down clocking your ram timings in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back