TechSpot

CPU and M/B  temps

By derrekeva
Apr 23, 2007
  1. What is the usual range for CPU and MB temps...My CPU is running 62-69 C normally and M/B is 42C Ive been having crash and freeze ups with blue screens.
    ATI Radeon x1950 VC
    Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe MB
    AMD Dual Core FX-62 processor
    650 PS
    Corsair DDR 800 (2 sticks 1GB apiece)

2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Whoa! Those are high temps you should buy a new Heat-Sink/Fan combo immiedately!

3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 927   +104

Well my CPU rarely exceeds 40C and at idle is around 25C Mobo peaks at about 30C and also at idle is about 24C, if your experiencing crashes due to suspected heat issues just add a fan or two, although AMD do run hot the message on the blue screen of death may be helpful.

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Well you motherboard will only get as cool as ambient temps, even with fans, your cpu temp is definately not normal. look into some better cpu cooling I'd say.

5. derrekeva

derrekeva TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

thanks for replying---whats a good setup

For an amd cpu...what is a good cooling setup..i have a large fan in back of case..1 in front, 1 on videocard and the standard one on the processor???

6. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

On my overclocking thread, there is a link at the bottom which shows safe operating temps for P4 and AMD chips.

Also a link to techspot user's temps, which would be nice if you'd give a post :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.