TechSpot

CPU and MB..Would they work together?

By TacticalFlow
Feb 6, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a amd64 3200+ 939S and a K8N Neo4 msi MB..

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo4_Platinum&class=mb

It says it supports 3500+ 3800+ and fx's BUT is there any chance that it would work with a 3200+?! man i really blew it.. i was on deciding between the 3500+ and 3200+ too grr.. I went with the 3200+ .90 micro so i can overclock it easier.

So is there any chance or should i return it?

Also it was my first time ordering online from newegg.. How do i return the cpu?
    Thanks
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Don't worry, that 3200 will work fine on your mobo. I've seen numerous 'signatures' on the web of people having that CPU/mobo combination.

They mention only those higher-value CPUs, so that people will know that the mobo ALSO supports 3500, 3800 etc., in other words, it'll take any AMD64-S939 that you throw at it.

If I had not won an Abit AV8-3rdEye mobo in a competition, I would have bought exactly what you just got.
  3. TacticalFlow

TacticalFlow TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 49

oh gawd that scard me.. I had to make sure thanks man
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.