CPU and System Temp ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an MSI 875P Mainboard, P4 3.0. I rarely ever power my system down. It has run 24/7 for about a year with only occasional restarts. I run - 1 top, 3 rear and 1 side mounted exhaust fans and 1 front mounted intake. My CPU temp is approx. 46c/116f and my system temp is about 35c/96f. I live in Los Angeles and it is 90f outside and I have NO air conditioning. How am I doing..? My friends split on the subject 50/50. Please tell me that I am within appropriate tolerances for a system that is always running.

It's well within the norm & safe levels. You could even lower the cooling efficiency a bit to gain up on silence & it still wouldn't be a problem. :)

Are you saying that it could run even hotter without a problem..? If so, how many degrees variance would you suggest at the maximum..?

If it gets to the 50s, it's still fine. Once it goes above 60, you should start taking note og it & once it gets to the 70s, there's a problem waiting to happen. I've had (& still have) a computer running around 58/59°C & it's been running fine for about 3 years now.

Newer CPUs tend to run even hotter (higher speeds) so they're even more tested in rigorous heat situations. As long as you're below 60, you should be fine.

PS. I always talk in Celcius btw. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back