Cpu at 100% when using Java or playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaFx

Hey guys my rig consists of this, and amd fx-57, 2 gigs pc3200 ram and a 7950 gt ko overclocked. my mobo is a a8n32-sli deluxe. For some reason when i try to do certain things like Java apps or play some games that are really not that demanding my CPu usage goes directly to 100%. Why is that? I have an older rig with a p4 and 512 ram that does better on those certain things.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, if there are no error messages, no freezes, and no unpredictable shutdowns... just Windows doing its job.

No but the game lags... its when playing games and running java apps. and Nodsu the task is any game like idk umm runescape command and conquer stronghold.

Type:
<CTRL> + <ALT> + <DELETE>

click on the tab:
<PROCESSES>

click on the mini-tab saying:
<CPU>

it will now list the things using the CPU in order, if it is in order from low to high, then click it again.

REPORT BACK AND TELL US WHICH ONE IN "IMAGE NAME" IS TAKING US MOST CPU (SHOULD BE 100)

Should say xxxxx.exe

well i already knew how to do that actually, and the process taking all the cpu is the game like stronghold.exe and for runescape iexplorer.exe since its an online game running java.

Yes, but Java is an application which has 1, sometimes more processes.

If you are trying to run 2 APPLICATIONS at 1 time, you WILL crash iexplorer.exe, or your browser, resulting in 100% CPU.

Hm. Guys, CPU usage isn't a measure of "performance" or "how much your CPU can handle". I can write you a 1 line program that will do nothing other than get complete 100% CPU usage.

There shouldn't be any lagging, unless you run multiple of these hog programs at once. Then each'll get ~50% due to windows, and you'll find that it *might* "lag". Does it lag otherwise?

hell yeha it lags, also im trying to figure out if its hardware wise or software wise. What ya think?

Java was never intended for gaming :(

It is used inside a browser as an Applet or on the host as a portable application
(ie it will run on any OS).

Java is a cpu hog at any rate and it will interfere with networking and other programs
due to excessive resource consumption (eg memory and cpu).

THERE'S NO FIX POSSIBLE other than buying non-Java games !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back