TechSpot

CPU Crashing...

By jarvis
Dec 3, 2004
  1. Just recently my computer started crashing. When playing games mostly... Now I would normally think this is just a driver problem...but when I goto restart, the computer will turn on for a second and then shut down again. After I wait a couple minutes or try restarting a couple times it will boot up fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

could be heat. get a can of dustoff and clean your heatsinks and fans .

3. jarvis

jarvis TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 113

Yeah that's what I thought.... I love your sig. I've seen that message before, its hilarious. "no keyboard found. press f1 to continue"

4. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 359

You problem is probly overheating and dust build-up

Like Tarkus said, its probly heat and dust build-up, first of all clear out any dust. Re-boot and see if that works any better, if it still crashes, leave your case open to allow air flow, if that doesnt work any better, try put a desk fan aiming into or near your computer to help it cool down, i assume that this will work because i had a similar problem.

One strange problem i had was when i had an Over-heating moniter, if it over heated i had to turn it off for like 30mins, pain-in-the-****. So i just put a single speed fan on it, and a 3 speed fan on the highest setting, then it worked fine.

Apart from the above i have no other suggestions!

Hope this helps
    Ph30nIX

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.