CPU died?

Hi my pc has been running absolutely fine for the past year (since I bought it new). I was playing on ets2 yesterday with no issues, after I decided to watch something online while getting to sleep.

The show had been playing for about 10 mins with no probs but then it started buffering every now and then.

Thought nothing of it, it got more frequent though until it stopped loading all together. I tried refreshing and opening a new tab etc but got blank pages with nothing loading, I then crossed the Web off and from then on nothing would load.

All I got after was the egg times spinning constantly.
I tried shutting it down and restarting but wasn't having none of it, so did it by the power button.

When it came back on it was stuck on the windows loading screen for half hour ish until I turned it back off and on again, this time it gave me the option of windows repair so did just that, took me back to an earlier date and seemed to boot up with no trouble.

None of my start up programmes loaded and couldn't click anything again though.

So I tried in safe mode but is so slow, I've managed to get dxdiag to finally load the info but next to processor it says n/a.

Does anybody have an idea why that might be? And also what you think is the problem.

I thought it may have been my phone at first, haven't plugged it into the pc for nearly a year and already have kies on there so don't see how it could be but was about 5 mins before it started doing this.

Even so it is impossible to load individual programmes up to dismiss things as it takes so long.

Sorry for the rant !!!
Any help is much appreciated.

Back