Cpu..Hd's..temp issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraka

Issue:
my pc still freezes after playing games specifically....it only freezes now when i play 3d a game. Im trying to get my system back to what it used to be...reliable and also good to play games on. I havent gone out and bought new games, i only basically play one game when i have time...LineageII on a private server ( on C4 if that means anything to anyone )...i have been playing it for a couple of years now...very addictive if your not careful..hehe

I used to be able to play this game without a hitch, now i cant play it for more than 10 minutes without my system freezing. Very frustrating.
I find that it runs normally if i minimise L2 every ten minutes and let it cool...but it shouldnt be like that.
If you have a look at the threads below, you will get a bit more history about my problem.

After reading other threads, my CPU temp should be operating ok as its within the average heat range, Ram should be ok as it says its only using 30-40% when im running the game, its also says the CPU is at 100% tho...but running at 100% hasnt bothered it before for a long time....but it freezes when it get to approx. 45 deg c.

I dont have another CPU to test...trying to find an amd 939 athlon 64 3500+ or better is getting hard to find.

I have a crickey load of fans to help with the cooling, 7 in fact....abit of over kill but i have eliminated 'not enough fans'....and its directed out the back of the pc...good air flow i think.

everything is still cool to touch inside so im getting the run around from my own pc...

have a look at my specs in my public profile...all is listed there.

I have posted in other sections and have been given alot of helpful adive which has helped alot, but i would like to have this problem solved if it can be...apart from starting a new pc.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic94573.html

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95375.html

any advise or hints are welcome no matter how basic or trivial...i would love to know if i have missed something.
ask if you need more info about specific requirements...

routines:
winaso reg optimiser, defrag every couple of weeks-even tho system says 'you do not need to defrag this volume', screensavers are usually off, virus check and scan every month with webroot spysweeper/antivirus-updated everyday...

i did get new vid cards but the problem was there before these...the older cards were getting noisey aswell as heat issues. i loaded drivers supplied with the cards...it works. i havent updated drivers tho...

usual system stuff in start up with webroot and Ai booster for the mobo and msn....

Can you run your game without webroot spysweeper and messenger running
As a test

I think webroot spysweeper also creates a service in services.msc that may need to be stopped.

I hope that you will try this

obviously you have run CCleaner on your system
if not go to %temp% (just run it) and remove all you can in there

Video card drivers perhaps. Blowing the dust out of the video card and processor heatsinks (although I'm sure you've already done that). And running memtest to make sure your RAM hasn't died.

You could just be nearing the end of the life for your processor or motherboard too, I've seen instances where overclocked cpus ran overclocked for years, but then started freezing late in their life, and then had to continually downclocked for the system to stay stable. All the way until them having to be clocked below original to still run.

just got new vid cards...i will look for an update in drivers...new ones were pretty clean XD
i replaced the mobo a lil while ago...i was running raid 0+1 on my previous MSI K8N diamond board but it crapped out and i replaced it with the current one...A8n-sli-premium...but i chose to just go 4 hd's on this one...the only thing that is still orig now is the ram, but i havent had this mobo for that long. So i was thinking that mebe the cpu has run its course...( i was under the impression that cpu's work, then dont work...i didnt know they could fade away if that is the case )

I dont run this pc over-clocked, but i have had it a while...a few years.

I'm thinking that the cpu may need an upgrade, but it looks like i may have to update the mobo aswell...my cpu's are getting hard to find. any suggestions...

I'd say keep it until it dies (the cpu)
Also it is true that CPU's can slowly die, there are a lot of faults caused by this.
Sounds a bit contradictory but I'd still say keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back